Asset Management Solutions
Our extensive national footprint offers insurers a professional service with an unmatchable reach along the width and breadth of South Africa. Our client base includes the independent broker through to the largest national underwriters. Our surveys cover a range of exposure anywhere from R1 million to R1 billion.
These surveys, with full spectrum digital representation, are closely aligned to the cover/exposure of the underwriter. They cover all the major risk categories associated with commercial enterprises, namely, fire, security, business interruption, public liability, special perils, cash, water risks, landslip and subsidence and more.
Our network provides our clients with excellent turnaround times along with highly competitive pricing.
Mobile vehicle inspection and Household Surveys
Asset Management Solutions are the largest independent surveying company in South Africa. With well over 100 surveyors and an extensive national footprint we offer the following services:
· Full mobile vehicle inspection for motor insurance and policy holders alike.
· Full household risk and inventory services with replacement costing.
o Full risk analysis.
· Private and commercial property insurance replacement surveys.
These services along with the credibility of a business that has been operational since 1999 has made Asset Management Solutions (AMS) a highly reliable partner to the insurance industry in South Africa as well as an extremely convenient option for the man in the street.
Benefits for the Policy Holder
We are very aware that most people lead very stressful, hectic lives, something that is unfortunately a real part of our world today. For this exact reason we have ensured complete convenience with a number of key benefits for policy holders:
- A fully mobile vehicle inspection: We will, at your convenience, arrange to have the inspection done wherever you will be at an agreed time
- Quick and easy: The inspections takes no longer than 15 minutes with the inspector ensuring you are also left with a copy. This we can email to you should you prefer
- National coverage: We cover all major and secondary centres in South Africa. (Please see the map of our coverage)
- A free inspection. If we are sent a request by your insurer or broker we will bill them directly.
- An enhanced claims experience: Because your insurer has got details of your inspection, if and when you claim, they are able to process your claim considerably quicker
- Confidentiality: The inspection information, which is kept strictly confidential, is sent directly back to your Insurer or broker
Benefits for Insurers
"The Insurance industry in South Africa has for many years understood the obvious benefits of physically seeing and validating their new business motor risks at policy inception or underwriting stage, as some would refer to it.
With short term insurance being highly competitive Insurers have had to find a cost effective, customer friendly way of inspecting and managing these risks. With our National coverage and full mobile service we have been able to meet this challenge for the industry."
Prevention is better than Claim
A snapshot of inspection analysis for the South African short term motor Insurance Market:
- 32% of all inspected cars had obvious existing body damage
- 4% of instructions to inspect are for vehicles that have already been sold
- 3% of instructions to inspect are for vehicles that have already been stolen
- 9% of instructions to inspect are for vehicles that have already been in an accident or have already been written off
- 11% of clients actively avoid the inspection
- 8% of clients refuse an inspection
You can contact Bernd Veening on 0824465745 for further information.
Company Press Releases »
||Looking to reduce PI exposure and develop premium growth at the same time?
01 Aug 19 | Read More »
Commercial Risk surveys; Critical for growth in current market conditions. Looking to reduce PI exposure and develop premium growth at the same time?
PI exposure mitigation with premium growth all under the same roof
AMS, the largest independent commercial ...
||A Telematics partnership that is changing insurance in SA
22 May 12 | Read More »
AMS (Asset Management Solutions) the largest independent surveying company in SA and Scope Technologies, a global leader in the telematics technology space, have formed a partnership that is actively and aggressively out to change the telematics or PAYD (Pay as you drive) ...
||Regent uses mobile vehicle inspection as further competitive advantage
02 Aug 11 | Read More »
With an already solid track record behind them Regent insurance are also implementing a mobile pre-inspection by Asset Management Solutions (AMS) for new motor policies as part of their risk and competitive advantage strategy.
With this segment of motor insurance ...
||AMS pre-inspection reduces glass claims costs
21 May 11 | Read More »
With the cost of motor claims increasing exponentially, pure motor profits for South African insurers are marginal or often non-existent. However one company, AMS, has made excellent inroads, with stunning results on reversing this trend.
A clear area of concern ...
||Etana signs with AMS
17 Feb 11 | Read More »
Etana insurance company are now part of a growing number of leading insurance companies that are using the vehicle inspection as a vital risk management tool at underwriting. This is not just any vehicle inspection, it is a full mobile inspection managed by Asset Management ...
||Hollard secures AMS service for drive mate (PAYD) survey and fitment in South Africa
12 Aug 10 | Read More »
Asset Management Solutions (AMS) has been awarded the prestigious contract to survey vehicles and supply and fit all of Hollard South Africa’s drive mate telematics devices for their Pay As You Drive (PAYD) product.
Bernd Veening CEO of AMS says;
||Consumers opt for mobile vehicle inspections
24 Oct 09 | Read More »
The latest survey by AMS (Asset Management Solutions) of 500 new policy holders shows unequivocally that consumers are becoming far more savvy when selecting insurance. Consumers looking for motor insurance are demanding value and far more convenience as part of the package ...
||The truth about vehicle inspections
24 Jul 09 | Read More »
It is a simple truth, but like death and taxes, we are unable to ignore it.
NO INSURER CAN AFFORD TO WRITE MOTOR BUSINESS WITHOUT PHYSICALLY SEEING THE RISK.
This is not new; most insurers have been telling their clients to take their cars to an appointed ...
||There can be no hiding from the facts
07 Jul 09 | Read More »
Economically assisted increase in claims?
· “We are seeing the economy severely affect our claims”. · “Our claims are being adversely affected ...
||Underwriting motor and household risks in a time of crisis
31 Mar 09 | Read More »
Based on the information being received by the Insurance industry there can be no doubt that we are in the midst of some very challenging times.
“The insurance industry is operating in the worst economic downturn in decades which has led not only to a major reappraisal ...